Meet your guide at the Gardiner, MT Chamber of Commerce for an exciting day visiting Old Faithful and surrounding geyser basins including the rainbow-hued Grand Prismatic Spring and the mud pots, hot springs, and geysers of Fountain Paint Pots.
Canyon Waterfalls & Wildlife Excursion
Minimum registration for this tour is 4 guests. We reserve the right to cancel the tour if at least 4 guests are not registered 7 days prior to the tour. We will notify guests immediately if any tour must be canceled due to low registration and full refunds will be issued. Guests will have the option of purchasing the additional seats at full price to ensure the minimum is met.
- Per Guest Please select the number of guests in your party
Leave the driving to us!
Meet your guide at the Gardiner, MT Chamber of Commerce for an exciting day exploring wildlife-rich northern Yellowstone searching for elk, bison, and other wildlife on the way to Yellowstone’s Grand Canyon and the Lower Falls of the Yellowstone River. We’ll enjoy spectacular sunrise views of Yellowstone’s Northern Range, marvel at the geology and natural history of the Yellowstone Volcano, stand in awe of Yellowstone’s Grand Canyon and its radiant walls, explore the ever-growing travertine terraces at Mammoth Hot Springs, and learn about Native people, explorers, and foundational conservationists whose efforts protected Yellowstone for future generations. If time allows, your guide may include stops to enjoy additional points of interest including Tower Fall, Norris Geyser Basin, or historic Fort Yellowstone.
What’s included in your tour:
- An expert local naturalist guide
- Transportation in our comfortable fully-equipped touring vehicle
- High-quality binoculars and spotting scopes to enjoy wildlife sightings
- Hot beverage service (coffee, tea, hot chocolate)
- An engaging, educational experience for all ages! (Minimum age for this tour is 5 years old)
- A cooler is provided for storing lunches/snacks
What you need to bring:
- Your park pass. Please purchase your pass in advance. (Note: While the tour guarantees you entry into the park for the day in our tour vehicle, each party is required to purchase and present a valid park entrance pass.)
- Water, snacks, and picnic lunch. There will be opportunities to refill reusable water bottles throughout the day.
- Layered clothing so you can be comfortable in the cooler morning hours and warmer afternoon.
- Sun protection
- Bug spray
- Comfortable, sturdy footwear for walking on boardwalks and dirt/gravel trails
- Camera and/or binoculars, if desired
How fit do you need to be?
While this tour is primarily road-based, some wildlife sightings may require short walks over varied terrain to reach a better viewing location. Artist Point is a 0.2-mile walk with an elevation change of 50 feet, and Mammoth Hot Springs will entail walking on paved walkways/boardwalks of no more than 1 mile round trip. To fully enjoy the tour, guests should be comfortable walking 1-2 miles total over the course of the tour on dirt trails and potentially uneven terrain with possible elevation gains of 100 feet.
June 2nd – July 31st: 5:00am
August 1st – September 30th: 5:30am
In order to secure your reservation, 20% of the tour total is due at time of booking. The balance of the tour cost is due 7 days prior to the trip date and will be charged to the credit card on file.
Deposits are 100% refundable up to 7 days prior to the tour date. Should you need to cancel your tour within 7 days of your tour date, your payment is non-refundable.
Should your tour need to be canceled due to factors beyond our control, including (but not limited to) extreme weather conditions, wildfire, natural disaster, park closure, airline cancellations, or an “Act of God” we are unable to offer a cash refund. However, a voucher will be issued for the full amount of your tour costs and will be applicable towards the purchase of any tour type.
As a small business, we regret that we are rarely able to make exceptions to our cancellation policy.
We reserve the right to cancel the tour if at least 4 guests are not registered 7 days prior to the tour. We will notify guests immediately if any tour must be canceled due to low registration and full refunds will be issued. Guests will have the option of purchasing the additional seats at full price to ensure the minimum is met.
Still have questions? Check out our FAQ’s page!