Join a guided group to visit Old Faithful and surrounding geyser basins including the rainbow-hued Grand Prismatic Spring and the mud pots, hot springs, and geysers of Fountain Paint Pots.
Canyon Waterfalls & Wildlife Excursion
- Per Guest Please select the number of guests in your party
Leave the driving to us!
Join a guided group to visit wildlife-rich northern Yellowstone searching for elk, bison, and other wildlife on the way to Yellowstone’s Grand Canyon and the Lower Falls of the Yellowstone River. We’ll enjoy spectacular sunrise views of Yellowstone’s Northern Range, marvel at the geology and natural history of the Yellowstone Volcano, stand in awe of Yellowstone’s Grand Canyon and its radiant walls, explore the ever-growing travertine terraces at Mammoth Hot Springs, and learn about Native people, explorers, and foundational conservationists whose efforts protected Yellowstone for future generations. If time allows, your guide may include stops to enjoy additional points of interest including Tower Fall, Norris Geyser Basin, or historic Fort Yellowstone.
What’s included in your tour:
- An expert local naturalist guide
- Transportation in our comfortable fully-equipped touring vehicle
- High-quality binoculars and spotting scopes to enjoy wildlife sightings
- Hot beverage service (coffee, tea, hot chocolate)
- An engaging, educational experience for all ages! (Minimum age for this tour is 5 years old)
- A cooler is provided for storing lunches/snacks
What you need to bring:
- Your park pass. Please purchase your pass in advance. (Note: While the tour guarantees you entry into the park for the day in our tour vehicle, each party is required to purchase and present a valid park entrance pass.)
- Water, snacks, and picnic lunch. There will be opportunities to refill reusable water bottles throughout the day.
- Layered clothing so you can be comfortable in the cooler morning hours and warmer afternoon.
- Sun protection
- Bug spray
- Comfortable, sturdy footwear for walking on boardwalks and dirt/gravel trails
- Camera and/or binoculars, if desired
How fit do you need to be?
While this tour is primarily road-based, some wildlife sightings may require short walks over varied terrain to reach a better viewing location. Artist Point is a 0.2-mile walk with an elevation change of 50 feet, and Mammoth Hot Springs will entail walking on paved walkways/boardwalks of no more than 1 mile round trip. To fully enjoy the tour, guests should be comfortable walking 1-2 miles total over the course of the tour on dirt trails and potentially uneven terrain with possible elevation gains of 100 feet.
Minimum registration for this tour is 4 guests. We reserve the right to cancel the tour if at least 4 guests are not registered by 4 p.m. the day prior to the tour. We will notify guests immediately if any tour must be canceled due to low registration.
May 1st – August 31st: 5:00am
September 1st – September 30th: 5:30am
October 1st – October 14th: 6:00am
Still have questions? Check out our FAQ’s page!