Join a guided group to visit Old Faithful and surrounding geyser basins including the rainbow-hued Grand Prismatic Spring and the mud pots, hot springs, and geysers of Fountain Paint Pots.
Canyon Waterfalls & Wildlife Excursion
- Guest Please select the number of guests in your party
Guaranteed park entry from Gardiner!
Join a guided group to visit wildlife-rich northern Yellowstone searching for elk, bison, and other wildlife on the way to Yellowstone’s Grand Canyon and the Lower Falls of the Yellowstone River at Artist Point. We’ll enjoy spectacular sunrise views of Yellowstone’s Northern Range, marvel at the geology and natural history of the Yellowstone Volcano, stand in awe of Yellowstone’s Grand Canyon and its radiant walls, and learn about Native people, explorers, and foundational conservationists whose efforts protected Yellowstone for future generations. Additional points of interest may include Fort Yellowstone at Mammoth Hot Springs, Blacktail Plateau, Tower Fall, and the slopes of Mount Washburn.
What’s included in your tour:
- Guaranteed entry into the park from Gardiner, MT
- An expert local naturalist guide
- Transportation in our comfortable fully-equipped touring vehicle
- High-quality binoculars and spotting scopes to enjoy wildlife sightings
- Hot beverage service (coffee, tea, hot chocolate)
- An engaging, educational experience for all ages! (Minimum age for this tour is 5 years old)
What you need to bring:
- Your park pass. Please purchase your pass in advance. (Note: While the tour guarantees you entry into the park for the day in our tour vehicle, each party is required to purchase and present a valid park entrance pass.)
- Water & snacks. There will be opportunities to refill reusable water bottles throughout the day. We will return in time for a late lunch, but you may wish to bring breakfast and hearty snacks to keep you fueled until our return at 12:30 p.m.
- Layered clothing so you can be comfortable in a variety of temperatures throughout the morning.
- Sun protection
- Bug spray
- Comfortable, sturdy footwear for walking on dirt/gravel trails
- Camera and/or binoculars, if desired
- Masks for each member of your party. National Park Service regulations require that all visitors and guides wear properly-fitting masks at all times while in tour vehicles, regardless of vaccination status.
How fit do you need to be?
While this tour is primarily road-based, some wildlife sightings may require short walks over varied terrain to reach a better viewing location. Artist Point is a 0.2-mile walk with an elevation change of 50 feet. To fully enjoy the tour, guests should be comfortable walking 1-2 miles total over the course of the tour on dirt trails and uneven terrain with possible elevation gains of 100 feet.
Minimum registration for this tour is 5 guests. We reserve the right to cancel the tour if at least 5 guests are not registered by 4 p.m. the day prior to the tour. We will notify guests immediately if any tour must be canceled due to low registration.