Join a guided group to visit wildlife-rich northern Yellowstone searching for elk, bison, and other wildlife on the way to Yellowstone’s Grand Canyon and the Lower Falls of the Yellowstone River, Norris Geyser Basin, and the Mammoth Hot Spring Terraces.
Old Faithful Excursion
- Per Guest Please select the number of guests in your party
Leave the driving to us!
Join a guided group to visit Old Faithful and surrounding geyser basins including the rainbow-hued Grand Prismatic Spring and the mud pots, hot springs, and geysers of Fountain Paint Pots. As we travel toward the world-class geyser basins along the Firehole River in Yellowstone we’ll enjoy opportunistic wildlife viewing opportunities and Yellowstone’s world-class scenery. In the geyser basins, you’ll stand in the shadows of geysers large and small, listen to the gentle bubbling of colorful mud pots, peer into the deep blue depths of colorful hot springs, and enjoy stories of the Native people, European explorers, and early tourists who explored these areas long ago.
What’s included in your tour:
- A full day (approximately 10 hours) with an expert naturalist guide
- Transportation in our comfortable fully-equipped touring vehicle
- High-quality binoculars and spotting scopes to enjoy wildlife sightings
- An engaging, educational experience for all ages! (Minimum age for this tour is 5 years old)
- A cooler will be available to store guest lunches & snacks
What you need to bring:
- Your park pass. Please purchase your pass in advance. (Note: While the tour guarantees you entry into the park for the day in our tour vehicle, each party is required to purchase and present a valid park entrance pass.)
- Water, snacks, and picnic lunch. There will be opportunities to refill reusable water bottles throughout the day.
- Layered clothing so you can be comfortable in the cooler morning hours and warmer afternoon.
- Sun protection
- Bug spray
- Comfortable, sturdy footwear for walking on boardwalks and dirt/gravel trails
- Camera and/or binoculars, if desired
How fit do you need to be?
While this tour is primarily road-based, some opportunistic wildlife sightings may require short walks over varied terrain to reach a better viewing location. To fully enjoy the tour, guests should be comfortable walking 2-4 miles total over the course of the day on geyser basin boardwalks and well-groomed dirt/gravel trails, with a potential elevation gain of up to 100 feet.
Minimum registration for this tour is 4 guests. We reserve the right to cancel the tour if at least 4 guests are not registered by 4 p.m. the day prior to the tour. We will notify guests immediately if any tour must be canceled due to low registration.